>

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our very first class..

After much pleading, I finally found a scrapbooking partner! Ro finally granted me my bdae wish and started our scrapping hobby!

On 8th August, we went to Plaza Singapura, Made with love for our basic scrapping class.

Titled 'Just getting started', it taught us some basic techniques, like matting of the photos, the tearing techniques,the different type of glue to use, the use of brads, eyelets and the placement of pictures.

Here's our very very first layout. They're simliar coz the materials were provided.

Ro's layout has a blue button and mine pink. He was teasing me that my layout is like me, prim and proper, all straight.. :P

After completing the first layout, we were told to roam around the store and get a set of thickers (alphas), the cardstock (the background piece of paper), 2 more pieces of cardstock for matting our photos (to paste our photo on), and a patterned paper to decorate. I chose a round pattern paper with cute ladybud on them. Ro chose stars! Both our layouts are on our hk trip as the pictures were prepared by me. I was thinking of doing just an album on HK but Ro thinks otherwise. In any case, he doesnt have a choice as I was the one who went to develop. Kekekeke..

I got really excited coz it felt really really good to be able to pick things off the shelf and not having to pay! All included in the price of our course, $35/pax.

When we were completing our layout, the teacher gave us some decorative accessories like the star brad and buttons on ro's layout, and the flowers and dew drops on mine. That got me hooked on the flowers! I likey!

Both of us went home happy. Although ro was the only guy in the class, the teacher made him feel at ease and catered to a more manly layout not like mine all flowery.

I can predict, More class to come!

Love,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment