>

Sunday, October 11, 2009

2nd... Distresser...

21st Sept 09, we're back for our 2nd class at MWL. I initially wanted to go for 'Freshly squeezed' but it was fully booked and they no longer carry on with that class and thus, I settled for the newest class offered in Sept, "Bitten by the scrap bug". YES! WE ARE! We're bitten by the scrapbug!

All 3 layout's materials are provided and thus our layouts look very similiar. I chose my birthday picutures and Ro chose a mix and match of our photos.

In this layout, ro had to put his alphas on a white card stock and cut out before pasting to the layout to make them stand out coz it's on the polka dot pattern paper. I was spared coz there wasnt enough space for mine :P

We had to distress the papers before we started on this layout. Distressing means to use the ink pads to 'dirty' the paper edges. this gives the papers more emphasis and also gives it an aged look. Clean freak like me couldnt stand my fingers which got all yellow! and i felt it looked really dirty but after seeing the final finished piece, I'm hooked! one of the classmates really dirtied her layout totally and it looks fabulous! her layout packed a punch, very outstanding!

See the dirty edges of our layout? these are made intentionally by us using the distressing inks. This workshop taught us how to make use of complicated pattern paper, cutting out the flowers to match. It also taught us how to use the blings (diamonds) and the sticklers (glitter). Yummy Yummy!

I bought all the materials needed recently! kekekekeke...

Love, Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment